Sunday, June 25, 2017

Spiritual Exercise for the Week. . .


. . .of 25 June 2017
Twelfth Sunday of the Year (A)


I pause each day for 15 minutes.
  • cast my burdens onto the Trinity.







  • I speak to the Divine persons, or I say nothing.





The Lord is with me!
(first reading)

In your great mercy [Lord] turn toward me!
(responsorial)

Much more did the grace of God
and the gracious gift of the one man Jesus Christ
overflow for the many!
(second reading)

Fear no one.
Nothing is concealed that will not be revealed,
nor secret that will not be known.
What I say to you in the darkness, speak in the light;
what you hear whispered, proclaim on the housetops!
(gospel)
 I ask Jesus Spirit to enlighten my mind and my heart. I let myself centre on Jesus; I listen to him speak his words to me. What movements in my heart do his words cause? Which ones are in sync with my baptism as his witness? I entrust to him any movements I notice within me that are contrary to my baptized mission. I chat with Jesus about all of them.

I give myself to my spiritual exercise:
I ask Jesus for this grace: to let Jesus allow me to continue to grow more connected to him; more connected with others as his disciple.








  • I ask St. Paul to present me to Jesus.










  • I open my heart to him and chat with him:
  1. I praise Jesus for dying and rising for me;
  2. I thank Jesus for the living gift Jesus offers me and creates within me.













  • I ask Jesus for grace to allow me to continue to grow more connected to him; more connected with others as his disciple.











  • I close saying slowly the Lord’s Prayer. It restores my relationship with Jesus, with others and with myself the more I pray it.







Aware of my feelings and emotions which surfaced as I conversed with Jesus:
  • After my prayer, I jot down my reactions; the way Jesus was toward me; what I have noticed; and I look forward to tomorrow.


+ + +
A Note on Jotting My Prayer Reactions
  1. I do not force myself to write.
  2. I do not force a certain style of writing. (Some people keep diaries; longer entries come easily or naturally. Others write a word or a phrase; a summary is all they need.)
  3. I keep at hand the kind of prayer-record (diary; loose-leaf binder; 3x5 spiral pad; computer; smartphone) which is most conducive for me.
  4. I date each entry.
  5. Periodically--after a week; after a month; after a liturgical season, for example--I review my jottings. They form a record of both my praying, and more importantly, the Trinity's graces given me.































No comments: